Thursday, July 11, 2013

Where did June go?

Does that happen to anyone else? Seems like I went to sleep in May or June and woke up in July! Maybe it was all the family events: a funeral, an engagement, a Youth Conference trip to Salt Lake City with a hundred great kids. And this was the year Harley Guy and I promised ourselves we would escape the heat of Southern Utah and just go. We have lived in so many interesting places from California to Chicago and wanted to visit every one. And all the great friends we have made along the way. Alas, a wedding is a ton of work (and fun memories) and I wouldn't change a thing! But I am going on a LONNNGGG  vacation as soon as the wedding is over.

Harley Guy is smiling but seriously in shock to be buying a wedding dress for his youngest daughter 

This is the guy that captured her heart. He is a golfer so of course the proposal took place at the 18th hole of a golf course.   
I am kinda proud to have finished ANYTHING this month, but I did manage to finish this Block of the Month quilt top. Do you recognize it? It is the Joseph Smith Tribute quilt from about 5 years ago. But, hey, a finish is a finish, right?
                                                                    

  

It is raining in the desert today which makes it an official quilting day at my house, so excuse me while I go find my sewing machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment